Sunday, April 29, 2007

Life Continues (Foggy or Otherwise)

Well, I haven't solved all the riddles that trouble me, but I'm determined that it should not keep me from writing. So, here's what's been going on:

1) My sister has just gotten married and is now Carolyn Blake.
2) We are in the final push at work and have about 3 weeks of Alpha left.
3) I'm reading a naval history of WWI along side a very neat book about Chinese voyages of discovery.
4) I'm more determined than ever to use my weekends for active recreation.
5) I saw Jim and Jesse twice on their trip up from Columbia.
6) Zach and Allison continue to cook for me. (This is very good.)
7) I have bought a Mac, and so far it seems just fine. (Though, no one should buy Quicken for Mac. Try Moneydance instead. Cheaper and better.)
8) Apparently, the inside of my car's engine is "immaculate".
9) I made a perfectly complete fool out of myself at the wedding reception. No one is so loved by others than he who dances, not well, but with enthusiasm.
10) I have no plans beyond May.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I don't think you made a complete fool out of yourself...but you remember that I, almost, totally avoided the dance floor.

NOLA Doug said...

Welcome to the world of Macs! Which model did you get? As much as I'd like a new one, my iBook G4 is still chugging along. I also wish I'd heard about Moneydance sooner. I just upgraded (very reluctantly) to Quicken 2007. I was perfectly content with Quicken 2004 (which is not great but adequate for my needs), but the scumbags at Intuit "retire" versions of Quicken after 3 years and cut off the ability to download transactions from your bank. I feel so violated.

Anonymous said...

Since you have no plans beyond May, (whatever you mean by that), have you ever thought about going to seminary or a Bible College? I think you could become an excellent theological professor, or author.

You have a talent and love for pondering and thinking on high levels and in complex detail about abstract things, and are capable of relating such things to other people, and finding ways of applying them.

Why not devote that ability/gifting to the study of God and how it applies to society, which I think is one of the most important and valuable things we could do as humans in light of eternity?

If it doesn't turn into a career, it's still 1-3 years of your life well spent, that will indelibly shape the rest of your life for the better. A solid investment in your eternal life.

N

Unknown said...

Whoa! someone just said you should go to seminary! I have one I could recommend... :)