Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Credit Problems Getting Personal

It may seem like I rant about far away things and esoteric topics, but in the last week my life has personally been touched by the credit problems currently going around:
1) My bank failed and was closed by the FDIC (the major bank regulator). NetBank was one of the first internet banks, and I never had much trouble with it, but apparently they bought the wrong sort of mortgages and the government forced a sale. The checking accounts and other liquid assets have been purchased by ING Direct.
2) My mortgage was sold. Not sure what the deal is, but ABN Amro closed down their mortgage servicing web site, and sold my mortgage to Citi Group.

Oh, well. The ING and Citi websites seem better than the others, so I guess its for the best.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And all this time I wanted you to be my financial planner. Are you bad luck?!

Laurie said...

Hope there are no problems from the NetBank failure for you. We are looking forward to seeing you in Nov. Did you know your Mom offered your house for the guys to camp out in. At least Ty and most probably Bill are coming to the wedding. Becky and I are in Hong Kong on our way back to the states. We had an incredible trip to the RP. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

So