Monday, February 5, 2007

Unlikely, but I Don't Care

I recently friended my cousin on Facebook, and while I was viewing his profile I noticed that he had joined a group supporting Newt Gingrich for president in 2008.

I also joined this group, but I felt like it deserved an explanation.

I am fully aware that this is unlikely. I know all the reasons why this can never be. But, if I am honest, I must admit to the world that I do hope he becomes president. I've read several of his writings and I've heard him speak on numerous occasions. On the whole, I agree with him.

I'm ready for an intellectual president. (He just has to be one I agree with.) And, I'm tired of just rooting for the best-of-the-inadequate-front-runners.

So, here's to a little idealism and hoping for the best.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Paul, I'm with you. Newt Gingrich has vision and intellect. Which cousin are you speaking about?

Laurie said...

BTW, Is his first name really Newton?
And if so, was he named for Sir Isaac Newton? Should we really call him Sir Newton Gingrich?

Anonymous said...

How the truth shines in darkness. . .