Wednesday, January 3, 2007

New Year's Flourish

My kitchen wasn't the only victim of my spare time.

I also did some reading: War and Peace, Dostoyevsky, Surprised by Joy, C.S. Lewis, and I'm finishing a book I've had for a while Evil, Morrow.

I also started the next phase of my never ending front yard project. I am building another planting bed in the front of the house, right in front of Josh's window (that would be Jim's old window) for those familiar with the property.

I think I know why all my plants died, as well. I discovered in some disbelief that the dirt immediately in front of my house has a lot of clay in it (instead of the expected sand). As a result, poor drainage and deadly fungus. I'll have to do something about that.

I went and saw a couple of UCF basketball games, all of which we won and which we should have won.

I've been cooked for by Zach and Alison more times than I deserve in a life time, and decided that their Tristan is an acceptable addition to humanity.

Last night I discovered a new wine that like a lot.

So, now everyone is caught up.

2 comments:

Anthony said...

"I've been cooked for by Zach and Alison more times than I deserve in a life time, and decided that their Tristan is an acceptable addition to humanity."

You crack me up Paul!!!

Anthony said...

Forgot to ask, what was the wine called?