Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Day Three - First Signs of Normalcy

I knew things were getting normal when I got home from work at about 8 p.m. ;-)

Really, though, the good news is that today my manager was not sick, and so I was able to have a brief and (I won't lie) slightly overwhelming meeting where I was given my first assignment. Needless to say, I know virtually nothing about the code base I am working with, nor the people, nor the tools, libraries, etc. By the end of the day, though, I think I had a better idea of what I was supposed to be trying to accomplish, and tomorrow I'll begin to really dive in with a purpose.

The nice thing about today was that the world became bounded, and it started to dawn on me (as I hoped it eventually would) that I could actually become a real contributor and know what I am doing.

I'm still not entirely sure how to describe EA, but I'm working on it. It has a lot to do with Hollywood, I think... Hollywood, special effects, and marketing.

No comments: