Saturday, December 2, 2006

More on EA

While details are still few, I now know more about what I will be doing at EA. Despite the efforts of a friend there to get me on his team, I will be working on the NASCAR racing game.

As to the actual mode of my employment, I am contracting through a staffing firm to EA. The contract is for six months, and at that time, we'll discuss what to do going forward. The possibilities include becoming a full time employee of EA, to finding a new contract somewhere else.

I had considered starting my own company to do contracting with, but I have to say I felt a little intimidated in doing that for my first contract, and also because so many (the vast majority, really) of the leads which I had in my job search came from staffing firms that provided the same services. I think it is really only practical to be an independent contractor when you are able to find the positions yourself. The advantage is that the profit the staffing firm makes goes to your bottom line instead.

No comments: