Friday, December 1, 2006

Victory!

I had the pleasure of accepting a six month contract with Electronic Arts (EA) in Orlando, FL this morning. I had two excellent opportunities, and it was difficult to decide, because I had heard so many good things about both. At the end of the day, though, I felt like EA was a better opportunity for where I am in my career path.

For those of you who don't know, EA is a major power in video games, and owns titles such as Madden Football and The Sims. It seems like a very dynamic place to work, and I think it is a real honor to be hired there, since they told me during the interview that the have 600 resumes for every opening.

So, I'm happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Paul that's great! Congratulations. I've heard some really good things about EA and how they treat their employees. I hope you find it very exciting and if you're ever having trouble finding someone to share your EA discount with (assuming you'll have one), I'd be glad to help you out. Anyway brother, great to hear that things are going well. God bless!

ant

Laurie said...

Congratulations! So are you contracting on your own or through a company? We have a difference of opinion on what we thought you were saying when you were in MO.